This is a feature rich integrated octo. Yet its size and weight is hardly much larger than a simple power inflator. Its breathing ability is adequate for a safe accent although not as good as other integrated octos that rival mainstream primary second stages. The layout of the controls is not as instinctual as others this may be due to the need to fit a third button for the subduck.
3 in stock
The layout has the inflator button is on top the deflator is on the bottom and the signal is on the side. It is not difficult and with use does seem to become a very controllable inflator. The appearance of the control buttons is toyish and cheap time will tell it holds up well to use. Sound from the Subduck is easily heard underwater on the surface although not as loud as other surface horns it can be heard for quite a distance. Im happy with this devices out of the box performance after using it for a few dives. If it holds up well long term Id give it another half star and if the breathing ability can be adjusted for better performance it would deserve a 4.5 star rating the last half Id withhold due to the control layout.
Scuba Gear Technical Information:
- Four in One
- Safe Second/Octo
- Power Inflator
- Air Horn (Up to 1/2 mile)
- Underwater Signaling device
- An idea replace for apare Second stage.
- Integrated with BCD inflator air system.
- Signaling in both underwater and surface, very high volume 110-120 dB range over 1.0 Km.
- Intermediate pressure: 145 PSI.
- Inhalation effort: 1.6-2.0 CIW (Column inches of Water).
- Exhalation efferot: 1.1 CIW.
- Flow rate: 30+SCFM (Air supply: 3000PSI).
- Compatible with all BC’s except by Aeris, Aqua-Lung, Cressi, Dacor, Oceanic, SeaQuest, TUSA models with the A.P.A. Active Purge Assist inflator system, US Divers and XS Scuba